Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (“DACA”) is a policy created by former President Barack Obama in 2012. DACA allows certain individuals who entered the United States as children to receive certain benefits.
To apply for DACA, the following must be true:
- Born June 16, 1981 or later;
- Have unlawful presence in the United States before the age of 16;
- Lived continuously in the United States since June 15, 2007;
- Physical presence in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of filing;
- No lawful status on June 15, 2012;
- Have graduated high school, have a G.E.D.,be currently enrolled in school or have an honorable discharge from the armed forces; and
- No felonies, limited misdemeanors (consult an attorney to evaluate what qualifies), and not a public safety nor national security threat.
The process of applying for DACA can be complicated and takes a lot of time. It is a stressful situation, so you shouldn’t have to do it alone. We can help you better understand what to do. Call us today at 847-258-9954 , or email us by clicking here, or schedule an appointment by clicking here.