Employment Sponsorship

You can apply for Permanent Resident Status through employment sponsorship if you have a permanent job in the United States.

How to apply for permanent residency status
There is more than one step to the process. Some steps need to be done by you and some need to be done by the U.S. employer. The employer has to:

  • Complete a labor certification and turn it in to the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
  • Advertise the job you want to U.S. citizens. There is no required amount of time for how long the employer has to advertise the job. This can take a lot of time.
  • Complete an immigration visa petition called Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker.

You will have to:
Complete Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence and give it to the USCIS. This is called adjusting your status. This happens after Form I-140 is approved. You will be given a green card after you are approved to be a permanent resident.

Contact us
The process usually takes over two years. The process can also be complicated. We can make the process less stressful because we know what forms to fill out.

We can also give you advice so you fill the forms out correctly. Call us today at 847-258-9954 , or email us by clicking here, or schedule an appointment by clicking here.